Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changes i made on ipod music app not recognized on itunes (ios4 3g)

If I rate music or make a playlist on the ipod it doesnt get recognized on itunes. They will get overriden when I add new songs from itunes 😟

anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

I've already restored and its still happening

iOS 4

Posted on Aug 17, 2010 4:38 PM

4 replies

Aug 17, 2010 4:44 PM in response to KaliKot

Are you manually managing the Touch contents? If so, did you ever auto-sync and then change to manual sync without erasing the iPod's contents? Normally when an iPod is in manual sync mode, the ratings and play history will not transfer between iPod and iTunes when you click the "Sync" button. But if you auto-sync, then change to manual, then clicking the "Sync" button seems to preserve some connection between iTunes and iPod, and may overwrite your iPod's ratings.

Aug 17, 2010 5:14 PM in response to KaliKot

If you restored your Touch and then put it in manual sync mode, then clicking the "Sync" button shouldn't do anything, except perhaps update any smart playlists that you may have on your Touch. Any ratings or play history in your library should not update your Touch since you're in manual mode, except in the odd case of where you started with auto and changed to manual.

If you're willing to experiment, then manually delete an album from your Touch, then manually drag that album from your iTunes library back to the Touch, then change some song ratings for this album from your Touch, then connect back to iTunes and see if the rating changes "stick". If they do, then you may need to manually erase the Touch and manually drag all the songs back over to "break" whatever connection your Touch seems to be hanging onto with your library.

Aug 17, 2010 5:24 PM in response to KaliKot

What I meant is that when I make changes (manually) to my ipod using itunes like add songs or change ratings,

it will overwrite whatever changes i made on my ipod before i did that action, so playlists made on the ipod before i added new songs will be gone for example.

I tried deleting and re-adding an album, but itunes still doesnt recognize the changes. this is getting really annoying

Changes i made on ipod music app not recognized on itunes (ios4 3g)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.