Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Is there a way to make HP Scanjet G4050 compatible with MacBook Air running Ventura?

I have just inherited a HP Scanjet G4050. I have a MacBook Air with a Ventura Operating system 13.2.1 but I receive a message there are not drivers available. Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I out of luck?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:05 AM

Hi, i own a macbook air with Monterey 12.6.11

Be carefull, vuescan is very expensive and even more if you need film / negative scan.

after a long time searching a free solution, i found a driver that presently working perfectly. Follow this link :

https://www.pilotessamsung.com/2021/02/telecharger-hp-scanjet-g4050-pilote.html

it is not a scam, it is the right driver for scanjet G4050. I found this scanner in a flee market few days ago and was disapointed to not be abble to work it.

now it is solved !!

take care

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 1:05 AM in response to Rusty4466

Hi, i own a macbook air with Monterey 12.6.11

Be carefull, vuescan is very expensive and even more if you need film / negative scan.

after a long time searching a free solution, i found a driver that presently working perfectly. Follow this link :

https://www.pilotessamsung.com/2021/02/telecharger-hp-scanjet-g4050-pilote.html

it is not a scam, it is the right driver for scanjet G4050. I found this scanner in a flee market few days ago and was disapointed to not be abble to work it.

now it is solved !!

take care

Apr 21, 2023 11:23 AM in response to Rusty4466

The VueScan website lists the HP ScanJet G4050, and indicates: You can use this scanner on Mac OS X and Linux without installing any other software. Which probably means the scanner and scanning apps are using TWAIN.

If VueScan is not working with this scanner, check with Hamrick.

And for grins, try the Apple macOS Image Capture app with it.

Is there a way to make HP Scanjet G4050 compatible with MacBook Air running Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.