How to locate the owner of lost AirPods

AirPods found. I see the serial number of the AirPods. If they were registered by the owner, we could get then back to the owner.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 7:13 PM

I found some pros and I have the serial number how can I find the owner?

11 replies

Apr 29, 2023 3:40 PM in response to DAR_VT

Welcome to Apple Community Forums!

If the owner of the AirPod's has enabled lost mode, you can open the case next to your iPhone or iPad and contact details should appear on your screen. Keep in mind this will only work if the owner has explicitly enabled lost mode on their side.

If the method above doesn't work, you will need to turn the airpods over to the proper authorities (most likely local law enforcement or a lost and found at the location you found the airpods). There is no way to identify the owner of the airpods unless lost mode is enabled.

(Also, I would recommend connecting the airpods to your phone at the law enforcement location if you do turn them over, as the location in Find My will update for the owner, giving them a good idea of where the airpods are located. After connecting them, you should remove them from your phone. How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support. This is completely optional but will assist the owner in finding the device.)

Hope to have helped!

Raymond

How to locate the owner of lost AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.