I can't verify the payment method on my Apple ID

When it says can’t verify payment method contact Apple support what that means tried three didn’t cards

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 15, 2023 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 9:08 PM

It’s saying add payment method when I already have it linked on there all I’m trying to do is download apps like…. I don’t understand

22 replies

Feb 15, 2024 6:56 AM in response to AmiZItunes

I am having the exact same issue. I go to download an app and it says I must sign in and verify my payment method. I then go and put in all my correct information only to be redirected back to the screen with the app I want and it again is telling me I must sign in and verify my payment details. Everything is inputted correctly, and this thread proves I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Please give us a working solution.

May 15, 2023 11:30 PM in response to pastor97

To verify your payment information, you need to -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details -> https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

• On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Or see -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you want to use your Apple Account balance, you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple Account balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

See also the following Apple articles:

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card.

If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

Add money to your Apple Account balance -> Add money to your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple Account balance -> Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID -> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

⤵️

If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

May 16, 2023 6:02 AM in response to pastor97

Use the document Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support to review your payment methods such as credit or debit cards.

On a mobile device:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap your name.

3. Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Tap Manage Payments.

Check there are not any problems with your payment method. They will usually appear in red lettering. If there are, make sure what you have entered is correct. If it is, contact your financial institution. Problem methods will usually have a notice in red lettering below them. The article: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support has some information about declined payment methods.

If you cannot see a reason for a problem and you have contacted your financial institution, you may find the fastest route to resolution would be to contact Apple for assistance with this.

To contact Support, do this:

1. Click on this link --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

2. Select your country

3. Select: Billing & Subscriptions

4. Select: Subscriptions & Purchases

5. Select: Update payment method

6. Select a chat session or a phone call.

You only need to add the new card first before removing the old one if you have subscriptions or other items that always require the presence of a payment method.

You do not need to set your account balance as default payment method. It is always the default method. You can't change that even if you wanted to so don't be surprised if you can't see how to do that. You can alter the order of non-balance payment methods.

I would think in this modern age of computer that checking your card would be almost instantaneous. I have never ever seen anybody complain about it taking 3 business days to update a payment method. I would think if this was a potential issue, it would be mentioned in Apple's documentation.

Dec 8, 2023 4:45 PM in response to kamarion16

kamarion16 wrote:

im really trying to make purchases but it won’t let me and im very stressed

If what was posted earlier has not solved your problem, you need to be a lot more specific and detailed about the problem you are having. Right now all I have to go on is you are stressed. What is the exact wording of error messages you see?

Incidentally, if your problem is not 100% identical to the one being handled in this topic already, it is normal to start your own topic so we can focus on your issue.

I can't verify the payment method on my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.