libjvm.dylib cannot be opened - mac ventura

Hello,

I have to install an spss software that I trust (my university homepage). However, I need to run the SPSS which requires to open libjvm.dylib

However, I cannot open it because cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

After going to Settings/Security& Privacy/, I do not see the "Allow anyway". And when I cancel the opening of the dylib, it reopens again and again which is very annoying. I continue clicking on it, but it is stuck and doesn't go away, and doesn't allow me to open this dylib.

I find some resolutions for this problem in youtube but their version of macOS is old one so I can't figure out this problem by myself.

It is pretty annoying, because I need spss software for my research,

Thanks for your help

Dilfuza

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 20, 2023 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 9:33 PM

Ugh.... Old Java applications can be so painful.... JVM = Java Virtual Machine.

Try going to Finder and /Applications and right-click the icon for this Java based App and choosing Open. That will typically allow you to continue to open a program that is blocked as it hasn't been signed by an Apple Developer account nor has it been Notarized by Apple.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 9:33 PM in response to dilish64

Ugh.... Old Java applications can be so painful.... JVM = Java Virtual Machine.

Try going to Finder and /Applications and right-click the icon for this Java based App and choosing Open. That will typically allow you to continue to open a program that is blocked as it hasn't been signed by an Apple Developer account nor has it been Notarized by Apple.

libjvm.dylib cannot be opened - mac ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.