Apple IPad Trade In Kit

The IPad Pro 12.9(3rd gen) for the cardboard and plastic sleeve that was sent. The flaps that fold down and secure the device won't easily fold without bending. Is there another size kit for the IPad Pro 12.9 or do we just try to work with the current box?

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on May 26, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 10:30 AM

In the image you provided, it seems that you did not place your iPad inside the plastic sheet. It's been awhile since I sent an iPad in for a trade-in, but I do recall that it must be placed inside the plastic sleeve to secure it.

However, it still may be possible that you received the wrong shipping container. As such, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly for further assistance in acquiring the proper one. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 10:30 AM in response to RodneyLM

In the image you provided, it seems that you did not place your iPad inside the plastic sheet. It's been awhile since I sent an iPad in for a trade-in, but I do recall that it must be placed inside the plastic sleeve to secure it.

However, it still may be possible that you received the wrong shipping container. As such, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly for further assistance in acquiring the proper one. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

May 17, 2024 9:25 AM in response to RodneyLM

I know this is late, but just to let you know you’re absolutely right the hinges on the part that bends down our inside where your iPad would be. I got the same issue right now. I contacted Apple. They won’t send a different box. I’m just taking pictures and trying to bend the cardboard so it’ll fit.

May 21, 2024 1:42 PM in response to LotusPilot

That link depicts an image showing the width of the insert matching the width of the iPad. In the OP’s case it does not and I have the same issue. I would have to forcibly manipulate the insert to get it in the box and concerned of damage in transit being blamed on me.

Support is sending me another box. Let’s see what I get this time.

Apple IPad Trade In Kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.