How to update iOS 13.4 on iPhone 6

Please can update iOS 13.4 on iPhone 6,because I can’t download Facebook app and instagram app and those things

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 28, 2023 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2024 8:25 AM

money142 wrote:

I can download Facebook and Twitter and those things

If you mean you can't download Facebook, etc. on your iPhone 6, that would be because iPhone 6 cannot run an iOS version at the level those apps require. X (formerly twitter) requires an iPhone which can run iOS 15. Facebook, requires an iPhone which can run 13.4 or higher. Your iPhone lacks the hardware required to run anything higher than iOS 12.5.7

143 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2024 8:25 AM in response to money142

money142 wrote:

I can download Facebook and Twitter and those things

If you mean you can't download Facebook, etc. on your iPhone 6, that would be because iPhone 6 cannot run an iOS version at the level those apps require. X (formerly twitter) requires an iPhone which can run iOS 15. Facebook, requires an iPhone which can run 13.4 or higher. Your iPhone lacks the hardware required to run anything higher than iOS 12.5.7

Jan 21, 2024 12:50 PM in response to Servant of Cats

Servant of Cats wrote:

lobsterghost1 wrote:

fyni33 wrote:

Hello google team hope you are fine
Please I request need your help I phone 6 update 13.4 download

This is an Apple forum about iPhone, which has nothing to do with Google. And there is no help to update an iPhone 6 higher than iOS 12.5.7. If you need iOS 13.4, you need a newer, more modern iPhone. Your iPhone will NEVER be able to support anything higher than iOS 12. EVER.

Your main point is correct. An iPhone 6 will NEVER be able to support anything higher than [the latest release of] iOS 12. EVER.

With respect to getting newer versions of iOS by buying a new (or, at least, newer) iPhone, you're not entirely free to pick and choose. Apple seems to like to get people to upgrade iOS as far as their particular iPhone models can go. If someone had an iPhone SE (1st generation) – that for whatever reason was still on iOS 9.3 (the version that originally came with the phone) – I don't think that phone would offer iOS 13 or 14 upgrades. It would offer iOS 15, the latest major version of iOS which an iPhone SE (1st generation) can run.

Most apps whose requirement is "iOS 13.4 or higher" would work under iOS 15, so having to upgrade to the higher version wouldn't necessarily be a big deal.

On a tangent, someone with an outdated iPhone 6 who wants to run a more recent version of iOS than the iPhone 6 supports might be tempted to buy a used iPhone. I would strongly recommend that anybody considering used iPhones read your User Tip

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone – Apple Community

Not sure why you felt the need to correct me, but I'll take your points in consideration. I'll just stop saying a newer, more modern iPhone and simply say a NEW iPhone. In the case of someone who has an iPhone 6, who wants iOS 13.4, they can buy a used iPhone 7, which can be updated as high as iOS 15.x. They could buy an iPhone 8, which can be updated to iOS 16.x. But if you think I'm doing a disservice to people rocking such old iPhones, I'll just advise buying a new one.

Nov 16, 2023 8:33 PM in response to Kwabenatog12

To answer your original question, your phone CANNOT be updated to iOS 13. iOS 12.5.7 is the highest it can go to. It doesn't have the hardware required to update further.

You can do as SravanKrA and reach out to the app developers for the apps you can't download, but your chances of them doing this is pretty much nothing.

The reality is you own a nearly 10 year old iPhone, which is too old and app developers don't want to support such old devices anymore.

If you really wants these apps, it's time to buy a newer, more modern iPhone.

Jan 21, 2024 4:46 PM in response to Servant of Cats

Hello~ Let me first start off by saying that I find it disappointing that you choose to “correct” someone that has done more to help users here in these forums far more than you and I both combined. We all try our best to help others here in these forums and being supportive of each other should be a priority as it’s tough enough as is. I find no fault in the response of *lobsterghost1*.

~Katana-San~

Dec 9, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Imwan2006

Imwan2006 wrote:

Why this ios 13.4 can not be download in my device

Because the phone you have doesn't have the hardware required to support iOS 13.4. As has been said many times in this thread, if you need iOS 13.4 or higher, then your ONLY option is to retire your very old, out of date, no longer supported nearly 10 year old iPhone for a newer, more modern iPhone.

How to update iOS 13.4 on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.