magic track pad connect and disconnect constantly

Any hope magic trackpad 1 will work with Ventura on a Mac Book 2019? Continuously connects and disconnects with blue tooth... what gives?

Posted on May 29, 2023 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 3:49 PM

I can certainly understand your frustration with the connectivity issues you're experiencing between your Magic Trackpad 1 and your MacBook 2019 while using Ventura. Let me shed some light on the situation.

Unfortunately, the Magic Trackpad 1 is not officially supported by Apple on newer operating systems, including macOS Mojave and later. This could explain why you're encountering connectivity problems. The compatibility of older devices like the Magic Trackpad 1 might be limited due to changes in Bluetooth protocols or drivers.

To resolve this issue, I recommend considering an upgrade to a more recent trackpad model, such as the Magic Trackpad 2. It's designed to work seamlessly with newer MacBooks and provides improved functionality. Alternatively, you could also try using a wired USB mouse as an interim solution if you prefer not to invest in a new trackpad.

I'm sorry that was not what you may have wanted to hear, but I don't think Apple is going to provide any updates to the older trackpad. The fact that it has been working for you after Apple introduced macOS Mojave (Sept. 2018) until now (of course, I'm just assuming this is true), would be unexpected I would think.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 3:49 PM in response to williamfromhurst

I can certainly understand your frustration with the connectivity issues you're experiencing between your Magic Trackpad 1 and your MacBook 2019 while using Ventura. Let me shed some light on the situation.

Unfortunately, the Magic Trackpad 1 is not officially supported by Apple on newer operating systems, including macOS Mojave and later. This could explain why you're encountering connectivity problems. The compatibility of older devices like the Magic Trackpad 1 might be limited due to changes in Bluetooth protocols or drivers.

To resolve this issue, I recommend considering an upgrade to a more recent trackpad model, such as the Magic Trackpad 2. It's designed to work seamlessly with newer MacBooks and provides improved functionality. Alternatively, you could also try using a wired USB mouse as an interim solution if you prefer not to invest in a new trackpad.

I'm sorry that was not what you may have wanted to hear, but I don't think Apple is going to provide any updates to the older trackpad. The fact that it has been working for you after Apple introduced macOS Mojave (Sept. 2018) until now (of course, I'm just assuming this is true), would be unexpected I would think.

May 29, 2023 5:45 PM in response to williamfromhurst

Thanks for the personal reply. It did not surprise me and I believe I did get a longer life out of my Magic Trackpad 1 then I should have. Advancing technology always debilitates and requires replacement of "obsolete/ no longer compatible" components. In this case, I accept the explanation given as being straight forward and acceptable... Thank You,

willliamfromhurst

magic track pad connect and disconnect constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.