Apple ID inactive overnight. How to solve this.

Hello all. I guess a lot of people have had my problem, my biggest mountain is I can’t find solution anywhere to my peculiar case.

Here it is. I just got this used iPhone 8+ less than 48hours ago and the seller gave me his password and I erased and created my own Apple ID using iCloud.com .it was okay. I downloaded 2 apps, just checking it out and went to bed.

Next day, I tried to do more downloads and it asked for my password which when I input, said it was wrong (and I am sure it wasn’t). To speed things up, I decided to use forgot password and then it says Apple ID not active.

I haven’t been able to do any other work all day researching for how to fix this. No google call or chat support for Nigeria, so I am stranded. I can’t hold the seller because I successfully transferred to my account.. I have downloaded and studied at all sorts of windows apps, gone to about 3 different technicians and none could convince me enough that I won’t have further problems, so I refused to give access.

The best I have done now is someone helped me create another Apple ID for subscriptions which the phone allowed me, thus I could join this forum to cry out as my last resort.

Contacting Apple is not working for me even though I am thinking of buying a Us line tomorrow so that support can call it (I don’t even know if that is legal but I am exhausted, sad and terrified).

Also trying to see if my Id which still sits as my phone Apple ID can agree to switch to the cloud based one I created too. I even linked my debit card and bought a song I didn’t need just to help it relax and know I truly own this phone now.

how can I possibly active my suddenly inactive Id, what activities do I need to do or how else can I realistically contact Apple to verify that I am the owner of the id and should stop keeping it inactive or better still let me swap it?

i am sorry, this is so long.. still feel like ranting maybe another 3 pages long out of a whole day into midnight frustration of still being in this circle but i would stop.. I believe you get the picture clearly already. Thank you in advance!

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 6:20 PM

Click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance. The method for Ghana doesn't require live chatting.

(240150)

5 replies

Jun 4, 2023 12:31 AM in response to Niel

I just did! For first time ever in my short iPhone life, I saw Nigeria on the list with an actual form attached to it. So, I have filled and submitted.

I promise to feedback if they actually contact me as they promise by email and most importantly, if they help me resolve this.

Much grateful sir 🙏

Jun 9, 2023 12:45 AM in response to Bbmprod

Hi. Well, I just thought I should do proper closure to this especially for the sakes of fellow Nigerians that May fall in the same problem I had.

Apple or ITunes support never got back to me.

i eventually had to pay local tech guys heavily to do it and in 24hours the ID became active. It is like I couldn’t believe it. Anyway, don’t think I will rely much on Apple support while I last with the iPhone world.

i appreciate the effort of Niel though. All the best! Bye

Apple ID inactive overnight. How to solve this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.