How can I invite persons to my home without a hub ?

How can I invite persons without a hub ? I am connected to the WIFI but still don't see any option?

Apple really have the worst smarthome app....

I am using a HUE bridge if that helps

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2024 11:59 AM

I also did this with my wife and kids before the update, and now after the update we suddenly need to have a hub, why do I need it now, when I did not need it before?

7 replies

Jun 15, 2023 7:55 PM in response to tonki97

Did you Upgrade to the new Home architecture?

Any device that is connected to an upgraded home and not running the latest software will lose access to the home until the device is updated. This includes people that you invite to control your home.

Once you’ve upgraded to this, any devices not running the latest software can’t use the home app (on that device) or receive invites.

As per your title “without a Hub”. You need to have an Apple TV or HomePod to act as the hub to set up Homekit in the Home App.

May 21, 2024 6:04 PM in response to tonki97

Nice of Apple to warn us before making this new upgrade and requirement. NOT! I upgrade to the new core tech only to then discover I couldn't share without buying new/additional equipment. To be honest I would expect a lot more from Apple.

So now the question is "how to downgrade or back grade to the previous tech so I can make my existing equipment work and share with the other previous users?"

How can I invite persons to my home without a hub ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.