Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I tried pressing the info button and It took me to that wifis page, but It didn't show anything about the wi-fi password.

Why won't my ipad show me my wi-fi password, I need It for another device.

iPad mini 4

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 10:59 AM

This functionality is only available on iPadOS 16, which is not compatible with your iPad mini 4.

If your other device is a iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, try using the password sharing functionality instead : How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

2 replies

Jul 3, 2023 9:48 AM in response to AMM2013

Assuming that your iPad is running iPadOS16 or later, you can easily find your WiFi Passwords from iPad settings:

Settings > WiFi

At top-right of the WiFi settings page, tap the Edit button to expose a list of all the WiFi networks that your devices have stored in your Keychain. Tap the associated blue “i” icon to see the WiFi connection properties; tap the Password field to reveal the WiFi network Password.

Additional information can be found here:

Find your saved Wi-Fi passwords on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS/iPadOS15 or earlier, you cannot see stored WiFi Passwords - unless you have manually stored them elsewhere.

I tried pressing the info button and It took me to that wifis page, but It didn't show anything about the wi-fi password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.