Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Weather App accuracy

I have 2 iPhones with 2 separate phone lines.

For some strange reason, the weather data on the "Weather" app is quite different between them.

Like completely different rain forecasts, current weather conditions and even current temperature.

Is not that critical, but I am curious about why it happens

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 4:53 PM

If you have Location Services on, and enabled for Weather on both devices they should have the same data. So on each device go to Settings/Weather and make sure Location is set to Always and Precise Location is ON.

If location is OFF then the weather app will use the location of the phone’s connection to the internet, which could be a long distance away.

Also, in the Weather app itself tap on the “hamburger” menu at the bottom right and make sure both iPhones are viewing the same location.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 4:53 PM in response to H1290

If you have Location Services on, and enabled for Weather on both devices they should have the same data. So on each device go to Settings/Weather and make sure Location is set to Always and Precise Location is ON.

If location is OFF then the weather app will use the location of the phone’s connection to the internet, which could be a long distance away.

Also, in the Weather app itself tap on the “hamburger” menu at the bottom right and make sure both iPhones are viewing the same location.

Jul 3, 2023 4:42 PM in response to Ervool

Hello Ervool!

The only reason that I know why this may be happening is if the locations are different. Please ensure that the locations are the exact same for both iPhones.

If you find that the weather forecast, etc. still greatly varies between the two iPhones, when both are on the same location, I would tell Apple about it here: Feedback - Weather - Apple.

FWIW, people have lately been complaining about inaccurate data in the Weather app here in ASC, and perhaps it’s an issue Apple needs to look into.

If this bothers you, I recommend you look for a new weather app, one with which you’re satisfied! 😊

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Weather App accuracy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.