Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Missing music from iPhone after synch

A few weeks ago I plugged my iPhone 12 up to Mac computer as I do all the time to drag songs over to listen to on my phone, this time it erased any song that I didn't pay for through iTunes. So half my music is gone off my phone now, basically anything from a CD, or a file given to me, or downloaded from any site that is not iTunes. It's like Apple will not let me play anything anymore that I didn't buy from their site? I tried calling Apple and also looking online for a work around. The song displays on my phone in the color grey and says "This Song is not available in the country or region. I am in the U.S. also. I have never had this problem before 3 weeks ago. Is this just some new update that I am not aware of? No more music files on your phone that are not purchased? Anyone having this problem and I am just out of luck and should ditch apple?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 8:20 PM

2 replies

Missing music from iPhone after synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.