How do I get my iPhone to be able to use my hdmi cable to watch videos on?

I used to be able to watch videos on my iPhone 13 Pro Max using my hdmi cable. After a IOS update, it no longer works

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 7:09 PM

I am having same issue since upgrading to IOS 16. I have an iPhone 11Pro Max I used for years with an Apple HDMI to lightning connector connected to HDMI port of the projector to steam Netflix or Prime movies to an outdoor screen . Worked fine for last two years but since IOS upgrade the projector now merely says “ no signal detected” . definitely an IOS issue because nothing has changed with cables and projector configurations.

Glad to see many are having similar issues and this isn’t my imagination!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 7:09 PM in response to Saltydog306

I am having same issue since upgrading to IOS 16. I have an iPhone 11Pro Max I used for years with an Apple HDMI to lightning connector connected to HDMI port of the projector to steam Netflix or Prime movies to an outdoor screen . Worked fine for last two years but since IOS upgrade the projector now merely says “ no signal detected” . definitely an IOS issue because nothing has changed with cables and projector configurations.

Glad to see many are having similar issues and this isn’t my imagination!

Oct 5, 2023 8:01 PM in response to Saltydog306

Hello I buy it a lightning to digital av adapter

and I can’t connect my I phone with tv

my tv is Sony from 2010

i test my HDMI cable and work with other device

so far I know the issue is not the cable

also I update my phone and still doesn’t work

but last week I was able to connect my phone with tv with no problem

is happening Al the sudden

I buy I new adapter to see if was the problem

but with new adapter same issue

I can’t see anymore

when I plug in the adapter on top of the corner show me just for a few second is connect and then the icon disappears

how I can fix this problem???

Aug 6, 2023 11:56 PM in response to Saltydog306

Plug a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter into the charging port on the bottom of iPhone. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter. Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the monitor, TV, or projector. If necessary, switch to the correct video source on the monitor, TV, or projector.

Connect iPhone to a display with a cable - Apple Support (IN)

How do I get my iPhone to be able to use my hdmi cable to watch videos on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.