Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Subscription cancelled but the amount deducted

I have a cancelled a subscription but still the amount has been deducted through UPI Mandate. I tried to use Refund option available in apple support but it do not show any transaction and couldnt proceed further.INR 699 has been deducted

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2024 1:13 PM

I have cancelled a LinkedIn premium subscription but still, the amount was deducted on 17th Feb I can see that on my upi and bank statement and the amount is ₹1850 through the UPI Mandate. I tried to use the Refund option available in Apple support but it do not show any transaction and couldn't proceed further.

11 replies

Mar 16, 2024 12:56 AM in response to mansi235

Hi @mansi235,

I have gone through similar case as I had also canceled LinkedIn premium subscription from apple subscription. I also did not find any transaction details on Apple but Rs 1850 have been deducted using UPI on 14th March.

I checked on LinkedIn portal for transaction/subscription details it was not available and on apple subscription history also not available.

If any one can help us to find a way to get amount refunded A Big Thanks..

Aug 13, 2023 10:46 PM in response to Sharath Molagavalli

Cancelling a subscription or deleting an App does not reverse the transaction made.

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Avoid accidental purchases

1. If it is your device then, please --> Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ... before handing over a device to a child.
  2. If it is your child's device then in the future, enable the Ask to Buy feature --> Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It could be Phishing

Aug 17, 2023 1:33 PM in response to Sharath Molagavalli

Thanks. I thought my name was anyways displayed in forum and the receipt had the name, hence posted it. Please suggest on how to get the refund as the transaction is not visible

———-

You are most welcome.

Using your Name on Forums:

I recommend not using your name in any forums whatsoever. Elsewise, someone will know to whom the account pertains. That is why I am not placing your name in the top of my replies.

As for Troubleshooting Refunds:

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Aug 13, 2023 10:45 PM in response to Sharath Molagavalli

This is a user-to-user public forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, for user-to-user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from more experienced fellow users, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Aug 15, 2023 9:59 PM in response to Sharath Molagavalli

"Subscription cancelled but the amount deducted"

-------

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Keep Personal Info OFF of these Forums:

These forums are here for everyone out there to view. So, just be certain to keep personal information(Names and and eMail Addresses) off of these forums and other forums too. Anyone out there can read this info. For your Security & Privacy: I have asked the host to rid of the image you've provided. :)

Apr 26, 2024 8:28 PM in response to Sharath Molagavalli

As someone who’s also from India and used the UPI mandate; I signed up for free trial of duolingo and cancelled one day before. Yet at night strangely my money was still deducted and there is no record of the purchase in Apple history hence which doesn’t show on refunds page. Also on Duolingo, I’m still on basic subscription as in their side my free trial expired.

Subscription cancelled but the amount deducted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.