Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Intaglio is working again! I'm using Ventura 13.4.1 on my Mac mini (Apple M1)

I would like to reactivate this forum to learn why this app (one of my favorites) is working again. Also, if enough are interested, we can discuss what can be done to ensure this app keeps working long term.

Thanks,

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 4:46 PM

18 replies

Nov 26, 2023 11:38 AM in response to Fermendzin

It finally fails, sort of, under Sonoma :-( What happens is that the main window, and several of the inspectors, have an odd vignette around them. It's still possible to use it in a rather crippled way. At least you can do some limited editing and export, print, etc.

Eazydraw is the best alternative I've found so far. It imports Intaglio perfectly. While it's shortcut keys are different, it does have the ability to edit them. If someone wants them, email me (gwj at me dot com) and I can send you my Menu Keys and Quick Keys files, which you can import from the Eazydraw menu. Then it's pretty darned close for common things. Their support is good via email and they have a good manual etc. Also you can edit does on your iPhone and iPad, and it also runs under Windows. So that's where I've moved...

There are also some free viewers and editors for SVG files, a kind of XML, which is what Intaglio is based on.

-Gary

Apr 24, 2024 12:39 AM in response to Jo!

I am also still looking for an alternative to Intaglio that will work on Sonoma and later. Graphic is not an option. The colour swatches do not work on Ventura. It should not still be sold on the App Store. Linearity Curve is only for webpage design. I have downloaded Easydraw and are working thru the Guide. I really do not like the interface. Intaglio's strength is its simplicity imo. I love that I can work in 2 different scales on the same drawing and that I can make a layout with multiple sheets. For the time I am just not going to not upgrade from Ventura. Really a pity this program was abandoned by Mick Malick. If only Apple would step in, rename it Macdraw (or  Draw ie to run on iOS and iPadOS) and bundle it as free software with Numbers, Pages, Keynote and iMovie.

Apr 24, 2024 11:35 PM in response to Fermendzin

I am still using Intaglio under Ventura 13.6.6. Thanks to this forum I will not be updating to Sonoma as I have not yet found an alternative. Autodesk Graphic, though still being sold in the App Store, is not an alternative as the colour swatches does not work on Ventura. I am still studying the Easydraw user guide but really do not like the interface. I do find that the Intaglio files get annoyingly large when opening drawings that were created on Catalina on an older Mac but other than this it really was the perfect app.

Aug 15, 2023 4:18 AM in response to Fermendzin

Purgatory Design closed its doors in 2020. The principal engineer has not responded to Intaglio users requests since that time. Without the Intaglio software owner's consent and providing the source code in an open source capacity, there is no means to keep a compiled binary of Intaglio working indefinitely on macOS.

Replace Intaglio with modern software whose features and functionality are maintained to evolving releases of macOS, or keep an older Mac handy whose operating system Intaglio was then compatible.

Intaglio is working again! I'm using Ventura 13.4.1 on my Mac mini (Apple M1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.