Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music songs missing from purchased albums / iTunes Store shows purchased but won't allow download

iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 16.6 / iPad Pro 3rd Gen iOS 16.6

Most of my music is purchased in iTunes Store on my iPhone. But, when I go to Music, tracks are missing from many of the albums. When I go to iTunes Store, the same albums will show "Purchased" greyed out at the top and any song that is not downloaded shows a blue "Purchased" button that doesn't do anything. The songs that are already downloaded show "Play". (see attached image)

I have tried everything that other users have offered as solutions in other posts, but nothing works. I always used to be able to go into iTunes and download music again, as long as the Apple ID was the same. But not anymore.

I have also tried deleting an album from Apple Music app, but I still cannot download the album again. (I am not using an Apple Music subscription...these are purchased albums I have bought and owned for years).

Please help! This is so frustrating.

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 9:49 AM

me too.. but when I try unhide nothing there..and it asks me to rebuy them????? itunes is getting greedy and dishonest

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 24, 2024 8:35 AM in response to Hyde-Jekyll

i have bought a heck of alot of music including music videos and alot of them are gone. it aint right ( IT IS STEALING ) it shows up in gray and wants me to join up for a itunes match subscription. IT AINT NOTHING MORE THAN THIEFS AND GREED. I cant even find whwre all my songs are to view all that i have. im very mad, they wouldnt want that to happen to them.

Dec 19, 2023 2:04 AM in response to Hyde-Jekyll

Apple and iTunes is just turning into yet another low rent rip off service. Their hardware design has reached an impasse where new products aren’t any better than their old and with the introduction of their new cash cow Apple Music they no longer want or need the customers who actually paid for songs which, due to poor grade programming are lost when paid for music is cross or uploaded onto a new iphone or iPad.

it’s actually a form of theft. Get a customer to pay for a music product then quietly remove it from their house in the middle of the night while they sleep then push them into subscribing to Apple Music!

Rip-off America is it?

Apple Music songs missing from purchased albums / iTunes Store shows purchased but won't allow download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.