Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

usbaapl64.inf windows driver not installing for iTunes

Looking for the Windows driver to get your apple devices to connect to iTunes (probably so you can try to install an update)? After reading a bunch of threads that just kept ending in support people telling user to reinstall, here is actual fix I found.

• Download the apple install for iTunes. Maybe it is here:
  • Run the installer
  • After install, check if the following directory exists
    • %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • and check if the above directory contains:
    • usbaapl64.cat
    • usbaapl64.inf
    • usbaapl64.sys
    • usbaaplrc.dll

If the directory is missing or contents of the directory are missing, here is how to get this fixed

• Open the download .exe installer in a something like 7Zip.
  • Open the zipped content for AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi in something like 7Zip (if using 7Zip just use the "Open Inside" option.
  • Look for:
    • usbaapl64.cat
    • usbaapl64.inf
    • usbaapl64.sys
    • usbaaplrc.dll
  • Manually crate the Drivers directory at: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • Copy the files
  • In the new location, right mouse button on usbaapl64.inf and select install.

Good luck.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 8:47 AM

I just had this issue again with different devices and again, the above was the solution. Not sure why this post was so hard to find again, maybe I will try linking it in all the other, unsolved posts that return in the search.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 15, 2023 8:56 AM in response to kingn8dogg

Apple's success blows my mind.

Searching this community show so many unsolved posts on this topic but this pose, with a fix, never returns in the search. I tried to be a helpful community member and go in to the many other unsolved posts and share a link so people searching can find a solution but all other posts are done accept reply. Good luck Apple fans.

usbaapl64.inf windows driver not installing for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.