Mac book pro, problems with edit

Using gedit to program I downloaded it using home-brew command. After a while while trying to open my works I got messages of problems with some specific libraries. The error that I get: (gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_label_set_label: assertion 'GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed

(gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_label_set_label: assertion 'GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed

(gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_widget_set_visible: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_widget_set_visible: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I have reinstalled edit many times reinstalled hombrew and everything that came to my mind. The only thing I have not tried is to reinstall the gtk libraries. This because when I wanted my Mac advised me that it could have Benn harmful for the software system. I?m quite desperate ad this point.

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:40 AM

<< it could have Benn harmful for the software system. >.

you get that warning when the software you are trying to make executable is not Signed with a valid Apple Developer Certificate. Use the privacy pane to say (Install anyway)

System preferences < Security & Privacy > General

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

(see note)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:40 AM in response to ji1223

<< it could have Benn harmful for the software system. >.

you get that warning when the software you are trying to make executable is not Signed with a valid Apple Developer Certificate. Use the privacy pane to say (Install anyway)

System preferences < Security & Privacy > General

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

(see note)

Aug 21, 2023 7:09 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

if this is giving you a hard time, the terminal environment already includes lots of editors including emacs or mg.

apropos editor

mg(1)                    - emacs-like text editor
nano(1)                  - Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone
pdisk(8)                 - Apple partition table editor
psed(1)                  - a stream editor
sed(1)                   - stream editor
vim(1)                   - Vi IMproved, a programmer's text editor
zshzle(1)                - zsh command line editor
Mach-O(5)                - Mach-O assembler and link editor output 

Mac book pro, problems with edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.