How to install windows 10 on iMac mid 2011 21 inch without usb flash using bootcamp

Hello everyone, how can I install Windows 10 on a mid-2011 21-inch iMac without using a flash drive? I heard that this can be done through a partition on the disk, but I'm not sure about the specifics. I'm using macOS 10.13.6.

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 10:27 AM

Hello DeRolta,

Unfortunately, your iMac is not compatible with the USB-free installation of Boot Camp.

This article — Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support — states :

If you have one of these Intel-based Mac models using OS X El Capitan or later, you don't need a USB flash drive to install Windows:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 10:27 AM in response to DeRolta

Hello DeRolta,

Unfortunately, your iMac is not compatible with the USB-free installation of Boot Camp.

This article — Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support — states :

If you have one of these Intel-based Mac models using OS X El Capitan or later, you don't need a USB flash drive to install Windows:

How to install windows 10 on iMac mid 2011 21 inch without usb flash using bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.