Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

IOS16

I'm trying to download audible: Audio Entertainment on my IPAD Air2 but apparently my IPAD air2 isn't compatible, will Apple bring out an update to IOS 16 or is there another audiobooks app that is as good that I would be able to download to get books for my holidays?

Kind Regards

Lisa

iPad Air 2

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 6:35 AM

The iPad Air2 is capable of update to iPadOS 15.7.8 - but does not support iPadOS 16.x.

If you wish to use Apps that require iOS/iPadOS16 or later, such as Audible: Audio Entertainment, you have no alternative other than to replace your iPad with a much newer model that supports iPadOS16.

Audible, the App Developer, clearly relies upon functionality that is not available with earlier versions of iOS/iPadOS. If you wish to offer comments or feedback, you should do so to the App Developer - as they have full control of their App's functionality and its development.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 6:35 AM in response to Simpson52

The iPad Air2 is capable of update to iPadOS 15.7.8 - but does not support iPadOS 16.x.

If you wish to use Apps that require iOS/iPadOS16 or later, such as Audible: Audio Entertainment, you have no alternative other than to replace your iPad with a much newer model that supports iPadOS16.

Audible, the App Developer, clearly relies upon functionality that is not available with earlier versions of iOS/iPadOS. If you wish to offer comments or feedback, you should do so to the App Developer - as they have full control of their App's functionality and its development.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

IOS16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.