Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Logic will record voice but not acoustic instruments with microphone

Recently switched to an M1 Max MBP 16". I've been recording/producing in Logic for a while and have run into a weird issue. I can record crystal clear audio of a voice speaking or singing via built in microphone or an interface but as soon as an acoustic instrument is recorded the sound cuts out and heavily distorts. Doesn't matter if it's a single note on a guitar string or a chord or how loud the instrument is played. I've run through all the Apple troubleshooting steps they provide online and am stumped.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 1:24 PM

Solution: Mic Mode>Voice Isolation was enabled for Logic Pro in Control Center. I strongly disagree with this audio configuration residing outside Logic Pro's settings and hope Apple moves it, or makes it better known.

Similar questions

2 replies

Logic will record voice but not acoustic instruments with microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.