Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cellular Data is On 5G Logo shows but No Internet

This started happening few days ago and till now it still hasn't been fixed. It's the same for both of my Physical sim and eSim Data logo shows with full bar signal yet no internet. I've tried resetting network settings, force restarting phone, removing sim card and putting back on, updating to the latest version 16.7 and nothing worked. Since esim is also not working I'm guessing there is a problem with my phone.

I'm using iPhone 14. Should I update to ios 17 will that fix the problem?

I need help please. Thanks.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 2:33 AM

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue. I too have an iphone 13 that is showng 2-3 bars of 5g. I can make and receive calls, send and receive texts but I can't access any apps including safari unless I am on wifi.

Everything was fine 2 days ago and now its not.

I have tried restarting, turning bluetooth and wifi on/off, resetting default network settings. Nothing has worked.

If I put my sim into an old iphone I can use apps such as safari without any problem. What can I do to fix this without resetting the whole phone and losing my data?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2024 2:33 AM in response to kimchi001

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue. I too have an iphone 13 that is showng 2-3 bars of 5g. I can make and receive calls, send and receive texts but I can't access any apps including safari unless I am on wifi.

Everything was fine 2 days ago and now its not.

I have tried restarting, turning bluetooth and wifi on/off, resetting default network settings. Nothing has worked.

If I put my sim into an old iphone I can use apps such as safari without any problem. What can I do to fix this without resetting the whole phone and losing my data?

Sep 27, 2023 10:53 AM in response to kimchi001

Hello kimchi001 and welcome to Apple Support Communities,

If we understand your post correctly, you are seeing a 5G connection on your iPhone but you are unable to access the internet. We’d like to help.

This article will show you how to check your settings for cellular data:

Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The steps in this article can also be helpful when you're unable to use cellular data to access the internet: If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cellular Data is On 5G Logo shows but No Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.