Having Issues Creating an Apple Podcast Connect Account

I recently called into Apple Support for activating the Apple ID for my podcast. Resolved the issue on the apple id itself since it was only web view instead of full view, but now I am facing an issue with a message "Activate Your Apple ID. You need to finish activating your Apple ID before you can use it on Apple Podcasts Connect."

Not sure what exactly is going on and seems customer services is unable to assist me with this problem. Have been back and forth with them for the last 2 weeks.

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 2:53 PM

Just resolved the issue and it's an interesting solution. I checked out the link you provided and worked. Logged into iTunes and played a free version of a song. Logged backinto the Apple Podcast Connect page and it let me create an account.

Not sure why Apple has to make it complicated but hopefully this helps others.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 2:53 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Just resolved the issue and it's an interesting solution. I checked out the link you provided and worked. Logged into iTunes and played a free version of a song. Logged backinto the Apple Podcast Connect page and it let me create an account.

Not sure why Apple has to make it complicated but hopefully this helps others.

Sep 25, 2023 2:49 PM in response to TheMBMPodcast

This has been a problem for many people: indeed almost every post from people who are creating podcasts is about this rather than issue with their own podcast. As it's internal to Apple I can only offer the following standard advice, which may or may not help; probably it won't but there really isn't anything else I can suggest.

It's become apparent that you cannot log into Podcasts Connect with a Developer ID - see below. You must have a payment method registered in Apple Music/iTunes: make sure your computer is authorised to play purchases (Apple Music or iTunes menu Account>Authorisations>Authorise this Computer). Then try logging in at https://podcastsconnect.apple.com

For help with the process of creating a podcasting account please see Create Apple Podcasts Connect account - Apple Podcasts for Creators

If this fails I would suggest reporting it Podcasts Support: https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/contact-us , though if you haven't been able to complete the submission you may not be able to access them: in which case the next step is to contact Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com

Don't present this as a podcasting problem - they don't handle those and will refer you to Podcasts Support. Present the problem as being the inability to access Podcasts Support. It's also been suggested that getting them to look at your Apple ID may clear matters.

You may also find Robert Walch's post here useful: can't add my podcast to podcast connect -… - Apple Community

As to Developer IDs, Brian Ogilvie has discovered the hard way that you cannot use a Developer ID to sign into Podcasts Connect, and details the steps needed to create a new ID in this useful post.

Having Issues Creating an Apple Podcast Connect Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.