Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unlock Mac using iWatch on Sonoma

After updating my iWatch to version 10.0.2 it is no longer possible to unlock Macs using

iWatch: the control panel indicates that it is necessary to connect the iWatch to your

appleID, but my iwatches already are. The problem occurs with both

MaxBookPro M1-Max and iWatch9, and with MacMini M2-Pro and iWatch4,

OS MacOs 14 and WatchOS 10.0.2.

Does anyone have the same problem or can tell me solutions?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 3:30 PM

I am having the same problem with my Apple Watch Ultra not unlocking my Macbook Pro after upgrading to WatchOS 10.0.2. I have now upgraded to 10.1.1 and still doesn't work.

Need a solution from Apple on this ASAP please

34 replies

Apr 22, 2024 5:06 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

That the watch "ends up with exactly the same things on it" is by no means a given. I have been told a similar advise with my Macbook Pro and ended up with NOT exactly the same things (despite Time Machine and iCloud backup), setting me back several days before I could continue working without problems. So please accept that I'm not sharing your optimism.

In principle any device reset is a drastic measure and should only be the very last option. This is an issue that apparently hits a lot of users and thereby indicates a software issue that needs to be addressed by Apple. And equally apparent is that this issue exists since the option was introduced. I have found postings dating backwards as far as 2021. Plenty of time has passed for Apple to address the issue.

Apr 22, 2024 12:20 PM in response to capwalker666

capwalker666 wrote:

With recent experience, I respectfully disagree. iPhone 15 and Watch 7

With recent experience, I can tell you it works just fine. iPhone 15 Pro, Watch 7. You don't need to reset the phone. Even the eSim gets added back to the watch. If you're not seeing that, I suspect there is something more going on. Perhaps it's time to have Apple take a look at things.

Unlock Mac using iWatch on Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.