Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

How to get the lost ringtone back?

i lost my choo choo ringtone. It’s in the text tone but not ring tone. Can I get it back ? Did Apple do away with it ? 🤷🏾‍♂️😠

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:13 AM

It is apparently no longer available under Ringtones. But, the good news is that, unlike text tones, you can still add custom tones to ring tones. You can either purchase a similar tone from the iTunes Store or create your own. Using GarageBand seems to be the easiest way.

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro or GarageBand for Mac song - Apple Support

You can also let Apple know that you'd like them to add it back:

Product Feedback - Apple

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 11:13 AM in response to Rip Sr.

It is apparently no longer available under Ringtones. But, the good news is that, unlike text tones, you can still add custom tones to ring tones. You can either purchase a similar tone from the iTunes Store or create your own. Using GarageBand seems to be the easiest way.

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro or GarageBand for Mac song - Apple Support

You can also let Apple know that you'd like them to add it back:

Product Feedback - Apple

May 23, 2024 7:00 AM in response to Yuviness

Yuviness wrote:

Out of all the ringtones they take Choo-choo. Apple is killing me. I accidently changed my tone showing my Mom how to do it and can’t restore my tone at all.

It's unfortunate that such a minor thing seems to be having such a profound affect on your health. You may want to let Apple know of this terrible situation:

Product Feedback - Apple

Currently, your options are to either buy or make a replacement tone.

Feb 3, 2024 10:29 PM in response to Cajuncan

This platform is designed as a user-to-user forum with Apple Inc. acting as a moderator. The primary objective is to foster a community where users can participate in meaningful discussions while adhering to established guidelines.

This platform serves as a space for users to engage in meaningful conversations, share information, and exchange ideas related to Apple products. It's a community-driven initiative where users support each other by sharing their experiences and technical expertise in using Apple devices. While Apple Inc. is not actively participating in these discussions, the forum is a valuable resource for seeking guidance and assistance from fellow users who possess a wealth of experience with Apple products. Feel free to explore the discussions, ask questions, and benefit from the collective knowledge of this community.

Please note that this is a public forum, so when attaching a screenshot, please avoid including any personal credentials such as IP addresses, card details, email IDs, Apple IDs, IMEI numbers, serial numbers, phone numbers, order IDs, invoices, or any identifiable location information if you are sharing a map.

Hence, some of the following links which are relevant to your query may help you:

1. Questions directed to Apple Inc
    1. Product Feedback - Apple
  2. Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."
    1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
    2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  3. Any other issue --> Contact – Official Apple Support (IN) & Contact Apple for support and service

Apr 10, 2024 2:57 PM in response to Butterfly1845

Butterfly1845 wrote:

i had my husbands ringtone set as the choo choo ring tone for years ( he is an engineer) Although he is retired now, I still want to always keep the choo choo ringtone for his calls only and now I can’t get it back. Please tell me how I can get it back as his ringtone.

Please see my other two posts in this thread.

How to get the lost ringtone back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.