My recent call history disappeared after installing iOS 17. How can I recover my call history?

I want to recover my recent call history which disappeared after installing iOS 17. I have tried a full shutdown and restart, turning airplane mode on and off, checking that the clock is on automatic, but none of these measures resolved the issue. Please advise as how to proceed. Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 1:37 PM

After iOS 17 update all my recent calls are gone. How can I restore them?

79 replies

Nov 26, 2023 7:35 AM in response to Archydolder

Archydolder Said:

"My recent call history disappeared after installing iOS 17. How can I recover my call history?"

-------

Call History Deleted After iOS 17 Update:

This seems to be catching on. So, report this to Apple.

Report this to Apple...

Update issues are commonly-reported issues on these forums. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported this to Apple?

So, do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessar

Jan 25, 2024 2:00 PM in response to Archydolder

I accidentally deleted my "all calls" and my "missed calls" call logs and I got them back because I had an icloud backup from today (same day I deleted). What they told me to do and what ended up working is that you need to restore device from an icloud backup. This worked however you need to make sure you DO NOT delete eSIM because you would need to get your phone service re-activated. You have the option to keep this so select that option when it asks before you hit restore. To check your latest icloud backup go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud>iCloud Backup> scroll down to All Device Backups and it will show when the latest iCloud back up was.

Here are the apple articles that show how to reset your phone as well as how to restore from backup

How to factory reset: How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to restore from backup (after reset): Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Oct 15, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Archydolder

Hello Archydolder,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Did you erase or restore the phone prior to or during the update? Also, have you recently changed numbers?

If you erased or restored, you will need to install a backup that includes the call history to get it back. If you got a new number during this time frame, you will not be able to retrieve the call history for that number.

Restore an iPhone backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Kindest regards.

My recent call history disappeared after installing iOS 17. How can I recover my call history?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.