Unable to remove podcasts from the Apple Podcast app on my Apple Watch

I do not see a way to remove podcasts from the Apple Podcast app on my watch, other than by playing them. I do not see a custom setting with the newest iOS on the watch.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:24 AM

It's ridiculous. No matter what you do on your phone, it seems your watch grows fond of some podcasts and they NEVER GO AWAY! And your new podcasts that you want your phone to download? THEY NEVER DOWNLOAD.

7 replies

May 8, 2024 5:05 PM in response to carenkh

I have looked for information across the internet and found no instructions which match what I find on my iphone, watch app, or on my watch. It seems mark as played on the podcast app on the apple watch has an impact. I think back on the ipod days how simple it was to load and delete what I wanted when I wanted.

Oct 17, 2023 12:46 PM in response to tinafromseattle

Hey there tinafromseattle,

We'd like to help by providing the steps to delete a downloaded podcast on your Apple Watch under the section 'How to delete podcast episodes on iPhone or iPad' in this article: Download and delete episodes in Apple Podcasts on iPhone and iPad

If you're still having an issue even after following those steps, let us know exactly what occurs when you try them, and we'll see how we can further assist.

Cheers!

Unable to remove podcasts from the Apple Podcast app on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.