Family member can’t download shared app.

We switched our iPad from my login to a new family login for my daughter. She is added as a family member and all my apps are shared. She wanted to play Minecraft, so I went to download it on her iPad, and at first it shows it with a price tag even though I have purchased it.

I have tried:

• Checking shared apps from my side and her accounts side.
  • Downloading straight from my purchases through her account (shows it as a download, yet says app is no longer shared once installed).
  • Buying it again. It will act like it’s buying a new copy, then it will says it’s free since it’s shared. Then once installed will say no longer shared.
  • Deleting app and repeating previous steps.
  • Logging out of App Store and back in.

Nothing has worked. I cannot buy it, I cannot download it even straight from my list of purchases without it installing and saying not shared.

I can’t figure this one out. Any ideas? Any previous posts similar to this don’t resolve anything, I’ve already checked settings as they say to.

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 3:24 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 22, 2023 6:24 PM in response to Diller

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family member can’t download shared app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.