Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Music becoming unavailable suddenly.

After this recent software update 17.1.1, a few of the music I save in my music playlist have been “unavailable in your country/region”. But I can listen to it when it’s not saved in my playlist. And it’s a certain artist to the point that all of their songs I added to my playlist aren’t available. Is it something to do with business or is there some sort of error. I want my music back 😢

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 2:54 PM

So I talked to an Apple representative and they made me go through some steps in terms of changing my country/region. It told me I needed to cancel my music subscription in order to look at the country/region settings 🫤 (like wth) after that, they told me to-

1. go to media and purchases (through your name in settings)
  2. sign out of media and purchases
  3. restart the device
  4. Sign back into media and purchases

I followed those steps and waited til my Apple Music synced back and everything is back to normal. Annoying that it isn’t even something business related with the artists and that I (ME) had to fix it like that.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2023 2:54 PM in response to stitchingdragon

So I talked to an Apple representative and they made me go through some steps in terms of changing my country/region. It told me I needed to cancel my music subscription in order to look at the country/region settings 🫤 (like wth) after that, they told me to-

1. go to media and purchases (through your name in settings)
  2. sign out of media and purchases
  3. restart the device
  4. Sign back into media and purchases

I followed those steps and waited til my Apple Music synced back and everything is back to normal. Annoying that it isn’t even something business related with the artists and that I (ME) had to fix it like that.

Nov 19, 2023 1:13 PM in response to leyana256

I am seeing this as well but only with albums I have ripped from purchased CDs. It s almost like Apple is trying to force me to only use music bought from them. I really hope that's not what's really happening. I have tried logging out of my apple id and back in, restarting the phone, removing and readding my phone's network setings, resyncing the phone to my mac, and I made sure my region is still set to US which it is. I can listen to every thing fine on my iMac, this is only happening on my iphone. I can't find a way to get it to play the songs that say "unavailable in your country/region" andf I really want to be able too.

Nov 22, 2023 4:41 AM in response to leyana256

I already tried changing from my US region to the same US region and it didn't help. I don't have a music subscription these are ripped CD's. So I guess my issue doens't have the same cause as yours. Guess I'll have to find time to call them to find out if they are just being greedy and and trying to force us to buy music from them now instead of from my ripped purchased CDs. I prefer CDs since they are immune to artist/label disputes. Really hoping there's a fix and its not about greed.

Mar 14, 2024 7:40 AM in response to stitchingdragon

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue? I suspect I'm having the same problem. I don't remember but at one point I did have CD music AND iTunes purchased music on my phone and it all played fine for years. Then just recently, about 1/4 of my music became 'grayed out' and gave me the "This song is not currently available in your country or region" message when I tried to access them. I don't know for certain which songs were from CD's and which were downloaded via iTunes. Case in point would be Metallica songs. I have about 10 and half of them are grayed out, so I'm not certain it's an artist/business issue. In any case, did anyone discover a workaround/solution?

Music becoming unavailable suddenly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.