iOS update deleted calendar events

Hello,

After updating my iOS to the newest version 17.1.1 I noticed that absolutely all of my events were deleted. I had very important info written there. Any ideas why this happened and if I could restore them without iCloud ?

(In settings I have the sync for All events as always so that's not the issue)

thank you very much 🙏

URU7100,

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 2:11 PM

After the update my calendar has gone entirely blank! I don’t see it turned off anywhere. This is my life past and present I NEED my calendar. If this is what you do with updates don’t do anymore!!!!

48 replies

Nov 23, 2023 12:28 AM in response to SravanKrA

The events were stored, of course, on the official Calendar App provided by Apple on my iPhone. All events were logged there and this is the 1st time they all disappeared after an Update.

I acknowledge the feedback indicating the reasoning and importance of the Software Updates but I believe everyone here is aware of that, hence most users (myself included) update to the latest version, as soon as possible.

I would still appreciate a pertinent and relevant answer to the question, if anybody can provide it, why this has happened and if the events can be restored ?

Thank you!

Nov 23, 2023 12:46 AM in response to Andy2401

I managed to recover all my missing events.

Settings -> My Calendar -> (turn on) Reminders, then (select) Calendars: Full Access (Allow Full Access)

Mine was set on Add Events Only for some reason, before, but now all my Past Events showed up 🤷‍♂️

This worked for me, I hope it might help other users having the same issue. Be safe 🙏

Nov 23, 2023 12:10 AM in response to Andy2401

Andy2401 Said:

"iOS update deleted calendar events: Hello, After updating my iOS to the newest version 17.1.1 I noticed that absolutely all of my events were deleted. I had very important info written there. Any ideas why this happened and if I could restore them without iCloud ? (In settings I have the sync for All events as always so that's not the issue) thank you very much"

-------

Troubleshooting Calendar Evens After an iOS Update:

Three things to try...

• Start with a Restart:

Restart your iPhone, and see if it then is fixed.

• Perform New iCloud Sessions:

Log out of iCloud on all devices, and then log back in, on device at a time. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

• Reenable Calendar in iCloud:

Disable Contacts in iCloud Settings and then enable it. This would result in a refresh.

On the iPhone:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Calendar (so that it is greyed-out)
  5. Tap: Calendar (so that it is green)

Nov 26, 2023 9:04 PM in response to Andy2401

Andy2401 Said:

"iOS update deleted calendar events: I managed to recover all my missing events. Settings -> My Calendar -> (turn on) Reminders, then (select) Calendars: Full Access (Allow Full Access) Mine was set on Add Events Only for some reason, before, but now all my Past Events showed up This worked for me, I hope it might help other users having the same issue. Be safe"

-------

IMPORTANT:

Report this Fix to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of this fix. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So, to get the word out to them, report it to them. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and the fix. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 23, 2023 12:05 AM in response to Andy2401

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Calendar event issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors regarding where the calendar events were intially stored. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

iOS update deleted calendar events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.