Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad alarm clock apps 'disable screen lock' function doesn't work.

I've tried several iPad alarm clock apps that have settings to disable sleep mode so the clock will continue to display the time throughout the night but as soon as I get a push notification or a calendar alarm goes off, it pushes the clock into the background and the iPad eventually goes to sleep. I've disabled push notifications but since my calendar alarms also cause the iPad to ultimately go to sleep, this option doesn't solve my problems.

Is there some way I can get this feature to work?

Ipad, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Aug 22, 2010 10:55 AM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2010 12:36 PM in response to Agedinwood

Agedinwood wrote:
I've tried several iPad alarm clock apps that have settings to disable sleep mode so the clock will continue to display the time throughout the night but as soon as I get a push notification or a calendar alarm goes off, it pushes the clock into the background and the iPad eventually goes to sleep. I've disabled push notifications but since my calendar alarms also cause the iPad to ultimately go to sleep, this option doesn't solve my problems.

Is there some way I can get this feature to work?

Your best bet is wait for iOS 4 on the iPad, so that the alarm clock will work while other actions are going on in the background. I gave up on all of the alarm clocks on the iPad mainly because of the issues you describe. Shutting off everything else, like you have found out, is just about this side of impossible. Then you have to turn them all back on in the morning.

You might have to use an old fashioned clock until iOS 4 shows up.

iPad alarm clock apps 'disable screen lock' function doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.