Organize photo albums alphabetically???

Why can’t you organize

photo albums alphabetically ?

It would make it so much easier to find an album to place a new photo you take into an album organized in alphabetical order. I have many albums with same names because I couldn’t find album I wanted to put photos in ??

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 2:36 PM

Apple is supposed to be so advanced, I can’t believe they can’t arrange albums in alphabetical order! It’s so disappointing and aggravating to have to go through hundreds of albums to find a photo! Get with it APPLE!

6 replies

Dec 2, 2023 5:41 AM in response to bigdog91455

You have two options.

• Drag the albums manually into the alphabetical order, if you have a long list of albums. While viewing the Albums tap "Edit". Then you can drag the albums around.
  • Or shorten your list of albums by creating your albums inside folders, to group related albums together.

It will make working with albums a lot easier, if related albums are grouped in folders, with no more albums in one folder than you can see together on the display, so we do not have to scroll a long list of albums.

Only, we have to plan the folders in advance, because it is not possible tome existing albums between folders on an iPhone. we have to create the albums directly inside the folder where we want them.

Apr 27, 2024 7:09 AM in response to léonie

Sorting by dragging does not work ! So frustrating.

Also, you cannot have multiple albums ot folders in the hidden section - all the hidden photos are mixed up.

in addition, I do not care about the “recent” folder. How do I get rid of it? I can see recent photos in all if I want to - so find this “recent” folder to be refundant.

Quite disappointing that developpers are so short-sighted.

Apr 27, 2024 7:14 AM in response to Dominique Artur

Dominique Artur wrote: so find this “recent” folder to be refundant.

We are not Apple. Leave feedback for Apple here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

FYI: the Recent Folder shows all your pictures in the order they were imported to Photos. The Library shows all your pictures in the order of the metadata capture date. These are useful, especially for diagnosing problems. You are welcome to ignore them if you don't want to use them.

Organize photo albums alphabetically???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.