How do I export Journal app entries to html or rtf?

I like to know if there is a way to export entries from the new Apple journal app to some sort of standard compliant format such as html or even rtf.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 18, 2023 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2023 5:04 PM

I intended to use the app but changed my mind when I discovered you can’t print or export entries. Apple please fix this.

106 replies

Dec 23, 2023 6:48 AM in response to Carlos Alfaro

Not at this time but I would imagine that is in the works.

As many have stated, the Journal app was underwhelming at release. No import/export of data, no way to print journal, no iPad/Mac support, and a myriad of other features missing.

I understand they have deadlines to meet, but don’t release something that isn’t ready for prime time. I used it for 30 seconds, which was long enough to realize I’m better off doing what I’ve always done to journal - write it in the Pages app.

Jan 7, 2024 5:26 PM in response to Carlos Alfaro

Other Journal App features I would love:

• Theme/type (to enable future searching/grouping) - ie is this a simple update, a life event, a thought being captured
  • Links (ie to websites/references)
  • Multiple locations and Journeys (you can tag with locations, but what about journal entries on days when you visited a bunch of places in a city)
  • attach documents (eg PDFs)
  • Grouping/linking feature (these 12 entries are part of my hike to Everest Base Camp)

How do I export Journal app entries to html or rtf?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.