iPhone 15 Pro Speaker Crackling Issue

I recently purchased an iPhone 15 Pro and have encountered a persistent problem with the external speakers producing crackling noises at higher volumes. It seems that this issue is not isolated, as I've noticed others experiencing similar challenges in online discussions. The crackling becomes more pronounced at louder volumes, making it increasingly frustrating. I am reaching out to the community to inquire if others have encountered this problem and if there are any known solutions or insights to address this issue. Your input and shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 25, 2023 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2024 8:32 AM

Is Apple really recognised? How can we address this issue to Apple? They claim to have the best iPhone ever. How can this happen in such an expensive smartphone?

44 replies

Jan 1, 2024 6:37 AM in response to muhmdniyaz

Ear Speaker - Distortion

I've seen a lot of people talk about the ear speaker, I'm currently using an IPhone 15 Pro Max and the speaker distorts at high volume almost regardless of the track whether it's a podcast, a voice, etc. I also noticed that even after the replacement, the problem still manifests itself. In the meantime, has anyone found out an official point from Apple? I find it very sad that this company is making fun of people's nerves and money. That's not to mention the dust in the lenses, various imperfections on the phone frame, I'm on my second phone already because the first one came with cosmetic defects (black dots of paint splattered on the titanium frame), now I have problems with the speaker that distorts , I wonder how you can sell such a phone to people and how can something like that pass quality control ? Did they really go crazy on our money?

Jan 28, 2024 8:24 PM in response to muhmdniyaz

I am also facing same issue during voice calls (on speaker) and while doing whatsapp video calls. Bottom speakers seems to have some problem as whenever volume goes above this issue occurs. Really frustrating and not sure why apple is deaf in this case and not addressing this issue publicly and providing the fix

I showed this to their repair centre and they said its fine and seems like they are deaf too like their company. I have iphone 12&13 and in those phones there isn't any such issues

Apr 1, 2024 1:45 AM in response to muhmdniyaz

Finally, the problem fixed!!

Video Click to view the video link

2 months of ineffective Apple support from India, I had the bottom speaker replaced in the UAE.

From the start of the purchase in December 2023, I have been experiencing issues with the speaker, such as crackling and distorted sounds when at high volume. I submitted my phone to an Apple authorized iCare service center in Calicut, Kerala. I had worst experience from there, I wasted 4 days from there and I was informed that the issue was fixed. Upon checking, I found that the problem still persisted. When I asked for an explanation, they were unable to provide a satisfactory answer. They suggested that I call Apple support or wait for the next software update to resolve the issue.

After researching the issue on social media, I found that many people are experiencing the same speaker cracking issue with the iPhone 15 series. Some people received iPhone replacements, but the problem persisted even after the replacement. Others are waiting for an update. I contacted multiple Apple support teams, but to no avail. Their support was slow and lagging, and after waiting for weeks, they were unable to provide a proper explanation or resolution. They mentioned that the issue is not related to the hardware because they diagnosed my phone and found no issues. I suspect there may be a bug causing the system to not identify the issue.

This month (March 2024), I had the opportunity to send my phone to the UAE, and they provided the best support ever. They replaced the speaker within 3 hours of submission, and now it works perfectly fine.

- Remember to submit your phone to most trustable i care service centre

- Play the ringtone 'UNFOLD' to help you explain the problem.

Apr 4, 2024 7:57 AM in response to muhmdniyaz

Congrats! Did you test your phone with songs like “Where are you” by otnicka or “Sunroof”after the replacement? I have the same problem with phone calls, Whatsapp calls and some youtube and IG videos with high volumes (over80-90%).

Im not sure if i go to the customer service they could fix the problem (i have seen another comments of customers telling they dont fix nothing)

thank you and enjoy!

iPhone 15 Pro Speaker Crackling Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.