Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot Verify Payment Information. Contact Apple Support for more information.

Yesterday, I bought some items at the store, but suddenly it displayed an error message "Cannot Verify Payment Information. Contact Apple Support for more information." I tried everything I could find online, including articles posted here and followed them, but it didn't help. I double-checked my bank card multiple times, and it's fine, I can still use the card for other purchases. I even tried removing and re-adding the card, but the store won't let me add it again because of the "Cannot Verify Payment Information. Contact Apple Support for more information" message.

Please help

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 28, 2023 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2023 11:16 AM

I understand, but I want to see if anyone has experienced the same issue as me and has been able to fix it. I hope that they will share the solution.

26 replies

Mar 3, 2024 5:09 AM in response to Ganorth

I am struggling with the same thing and I know I’m not the only one that is having this problem. My friends and family are.

I haven’t had any issues with confirming my payment details and I have always been an Apple customer. Now all of a sudden it won’t verify and it failed. Have tried adding my pay pal and have done everything I could think off like removing and reading and still nothing. It is annoying me bad because I can’t download apps that I need to use for my study and work.

There is an issue, i believe there is a software faulty or something and it needs to be solved. I’m ready to pull the pin with apple and try something else so I can download apps again

Jan 20, 2024 5:16 PM in response to Ganorth

Yesterday, I bought some items at the store, but suddenly it displayed an error message "Cannot Verify Payment Information. Contact Apple Support for more information." I tried everything I could find online, including articles posted here and followed them, but it didn't help. I double-checked my bank card multiple times, and it's fine, I can still use the card for other purchases. I even tried removing and re-adding the card, but the store won't let me add it again because of the "Cannot Verify Payment Information. Contact Apple Support for more information" message.

Please help

Dec 28, 2023 11:14 AM in response to Ganorth

A possible reason for seeing this message is Apple cannot find a functioning payment method to use in making this purchase. Note that even free apps may require the presence of a payment method, although it won't be charged if they are free. You may not have adequate balance, the kind of payment method required, or there may be problems with the method(s) you do have.

Use the document Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support to review your payment methods such as credit or debit cards. Problem methods will usually have a notice in red lettering below them. The article: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support has some information about declined payment methods.

For information about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.), click here --> If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

If there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card.

If using Apple Account balance to pay for an item, ensure there is adequate balance to pay for the item, including tax if applicable. Read this article about how to check your Apple ID balance.--> Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support Some purchases may require the presence of another payment method such as a credit card even if the final payment will be made by account balance.

If the information above does not track down the nature of the problem then you may find the fastest route to resolution would be to accept the invitation to contact Apple for assistance with this.

To contact iTunes Support, do this:

1. Click on this link --> https://getsupport.apple.com/products

2. Select: Billing & Subscriptions

3. Select: Subscriptions & Purchases

4. Select: Update payment method

5. Select a chat session or a phone call.

Dec 28, 2023 11:56 AM in response to Ganorth

Yes, a few others have experienced the same -- from what I can remember of the hundreds of thousands of posts I have read on the forums here in the past 20 years. I don't know that that really gets you anywhere. That's probably balanced by millions of people who have had no problem. Basically something, somewhere in the myriad of the network between your account with Apple and your bank's records, is not connecting and it pulls up an error.

If what you really want is a remedy then I suggest you contact Apple. ;-)

Mar 20, 2024 1:11 PM in response to DsTJo

Update to 15.8.2, or higher (depends what device your using), afterwards do a reset holding buttons down until Apple logo appears and let go, let device boot up and then try, I updated but it didn’t solve it, so left it 2-3 days until one afternoon I tried adding a payment card, and details are now on.

Cannot Verify Payment Information. Contact Apple Support for more information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.