Am I blocked?

had a friend who I was close with for two years. Last year she was struggling with anxiety and depression and cut me off. I've tried to check in every few months as I care about her and no response. Today I tried to reach out and my message went from blue to green and said "sent as text message" also when I click on info near their name there is no longer an option to share focus status, hide alerts , or send messages as read.sharing location option is also gone. I apologized for reaching out and it just says text message in green and nothing underneath. I feel horrible if I upset her by resting out. I just really care for her. Knowing this information am I blocked ?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 8, 2024 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2024 9:48 AM

You can easily verify for yourself that you will not receive any indication of being blocked by experimenting with a friend of family member. Many others have done this to realize they are unable to tell. If something doesn't work correctly they automatically assume that they are blocked. If you previously shared location with a friend, you will get a message saying that the location is no longer being shared, but that does not mean that they blocked you, only that they quit sharing their location with you.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2024 9:48 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

You can easily verify for yourself that you will not receive any indication of being blocked by experimenting with a friend of family member. Many others have done this to realize they are unable to tell. If something doesn't work correctly they automatically assume that they are blocked. If you previously shared location with a friend, you will get a message saying that the location is no longer being shared, but that does not mean that they blocked you, only that they quit sharing their location with you.

Jan 8, 2024 9:40 AM in response to Starfish1014

Starfish1014 wrote:

I've read online that if messages go from blue to green , and if i click info near the name location sharing, sending read texts are not an option that it's likely a person has been blocked . Is this true ?

Not true. There are many reasons why a message will be green and being blocked is not one of them. People will come to that conclusion when they are unable to explain why something is not working. Some reasons why messages will turn green:

• They no longer have Apple device
  • They have iMessage turned off
  • They do not have an internet connection
  • iMessage network may be unavailable

If you are blocked, iMessages will still go through as Blue, so being blocked is not the problem. In addition to being blue, you will also see a Delivered message on your end. Phone calls will still ring on your end and even let you leave voicemail, but on their end they will not get the call or voicemail notification.

Jan 8, 2024 9:56 AM in response to Starfish1014

Don't know what you might have read, but the response from Mac Jim ID seems pretty clear......

You will not be able to tell from any indication on your device if she has blocked you on hers.

A change in color on a message from blue to green simply means that one or both devices are not sending iMessages, they are sending SMS messages.

Mar 17, 2024 10:54 AM in response to Starfish1014

I have an individual who blocked me. I could tell he would block and unblock me bc the “Send read receipt option” would appear at times, and then not appear at times. However since the latest iPhone update, the send read receipt option has now always been on even though I remained blocked. Today, I tried to call, it rang once and went to voicemail.

Mar 17, 2024 11:36 AM in response to Starfish1014

Starfish1014 wrote:

I've read online that if messages go from blue to green , and if i click info near the name location sharing, sending read texts are not an option that it's likely a person has been blocked . Is this true ?

No. If someone blocks you, there is no way you can tell at all. Blue to green is NOT an indicator of anything other than the message is being sent via cellular SMS.

Apr 18, 2024 1:21 AM in response to Starfish1014

I don’t know the whole thing confuses me. I blocked myself both on my friends and father’s phone. All texts sent did not say delivered, even after days. I tried texting my x bf after a fight same thing. But with his next day would say delivered. Fast forward few days every time I send a text it says delivered instantly, but I still go straight to voicemail. Any reason for this, should not the process be the same?

Am I blocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.