Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement Cost for Water Damaged iPhone 4

I purchased the iPhone 4 with upgrade cost eligibility, so $199. I sadly got my iPhone wet, so now it is dead, how much will it cost for me to replace it? Would I still be eligible for $199 price or do I have to pay full retail? I have no coverage plans whatsoever. I hope to God I do not have to pay full retail! Please help, thanks!

Macbook 13" (Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 11:48 AM

Since water damage is not covered under warranty, you will just have to pay $199 for the replacement.
8 replies

Aug 23, 2010 11:50 AM in response to danno2022

You are in luck......Once the Genius at an Apple store determines your phone is water damaged, they will let you buy another one at the discounted rate of $199. Remember that your rate was subsidized heavily by AT&T, so not only did you not have to pay the full cost for your first one, but you won't have to for your second one. Good luck......

Jun 29, 2011 10:52 PM in response to danno2022

Well its a unlocked iphone4 32gb purchased from Saudi Telecom (the National Telecom Service of Saudi Arabia) STC ..I went to Apple store they said in Gulf countries they dont have this replacement policy available till date but I can send it to US and get it replaced..but I am afraid if US refuses to replace it saying its bought in Saudi Arabia.kindly advice .........Regards

Replacement Cost for Water Damaged iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.