In-App Purchases Not Allowed pops up when not attempting to purchase anything

I have an iPhone 14 Pro running IOS 17.2.1.

I have In-App purchases disabled on my phone (since I explicitly enable it when I want to purchase something, then disable it again.... trying to avoid accidental purchases!).

When using my phone I periodically get the pop-up message "In-App purchases not allowed".... but I could be on the iPhone home screen (not in an app) and definitely not attempting to purchase anything on any apps. I have no idea which app is attempting to trigger a purchase. Is there any way I can see which app I have installed that is triggering this?

I'm not keen on re-enabling In-App purchases now, as I don't want an app to trigger an in-app purchases.... but it is getting a little annoying having these pop-ups appearing for no obvious reason.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 4:51 AM

4 replies

May 17, 2024 4:53 AM in response to megahappy

hi @megahappy, it has been 2 weeks after I set the setting in screen time as my previous post. There is no more prompt out occosionally since I changed the setting. I think it is IOS bug causing that. I think we have no choice but to set the in-apps purchase to ALLOW and then remember to set the required password to be "always required".

In-App Purchases Not Allowed pops up when not attempting to purchase anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.