Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud for Windows 11 insists I need media feature pack

Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of iCloud for Windows 11 (23H2), the program is telling me I need the "Media Feature Pack" to continue, despite this being enabled in my settings and not using an N version of Windows. Photo syncing is constantly getting stuck at a specific number and I cannot upload photos to iCloud on my computer. I did not have this issue with the previous version of iCloud. I have tried disabling and re-enabling photo syncing and uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud, neither of which worked. iCloud Drive is not affected. How do I fix this issue?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 13, 2024 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2024 8:14 AM

I don't want to sound mean but I'm not going to trust a random link on a random non-official website that isn't from Apple or Microsoft.

Similar questions

16 replies

Apr 22, 2024 12:23 AM in response to PikaSka

The "Media Feature Pack" for Windows N-versions is so old, I cannot even install it on my Windows 10 (nor 11) versions!

Probably because my Windows version is "Home" (10)/"Professional" (11) both without the "N" and the "Media Feature Pack" was not meant to be installed on those Windows versions...

I have the "Earlier version of Windows Media Player (app)" installed, tough.

Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/help/3145500 (search for "functions" in the Windows-search-menu)

So, how is Apple thinking to fix this annoying error message?

iCloud for Windows 11 insists I need media feature pack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.