iPad Files app loading very slowly

Hello,

Since few weeks now, my Files app is very slow on my iPad Pro 12,9’ M1.

When I open the files app, or when I try to import a file in Safari, the spinner is loading for up to 20 seconds which totally kills my workflow.

I have more that 15Gb of storage. My iPad has the last iPad Os version. I restarted the iPad many times but nothing helps.

I got Apple support team on phone, they couldn’t help me.

Anyone are facing the same issue or has a solution ?

This slows considerably my work…

Thank you for your help

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Feb 29, 2024 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2024 9:52 PM

Same problem! When I select the ‘on my ipad’ folder, it takes more than 10 minutes to load. But if I select other folders such as google drive or icloud drive, they works fine!

Looks like ios 17 issues. This is infuriating since this problem render my ‘on my ipad’ folder in files app unusable!

Googled but no answer for now.

Apple pls fix this problem fast!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2024 9:52 PM in response to Zied_Drira

Same problem! When I select the ‘on my ipad’ folder, it takes more than 10 minutes to load. But if I select other folders such as google drive or icloud drive, they works fine!

Looks like ios 17 issues. This is infuriating since this problem render my ‘on my ipad’ folder in files app unusable!

Googled but no answer for now.

Apple pls fix this problem fast!

May 17, 2024 5:08 AM in response to LegoExecute

Update: Since I suspected some sort of broken file to cause the problem and I was in no mood to reset my iPad today, I started deleting all files I no longer need on my iPad. It also seemed to me as if the long loading scenarios were even worse in my Downloads folder compared to other folders which was why I started deleting there. I also uninstalled almost all of my custom font configuration profiles. Since then everything works as smooth as before! :)

May 29, 2024 4:48 PM in response to Zied_Drira

Iphone 15 pro 17.5.1

Files app started loading slow when I did a change on the Files icloud folder

Since then loading for on my iphone file documents gets worse. Loading takes more and more

Especially the folder I changed on icloud loads slower on the Files on my iphone folder

I deleted and reinstalled files app (did not lose any file) it gets better but not as fast as before.

This situation is awful.

I hope somebody will come soon with a solution

iPad Files app loading very slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.