Songs greyed out on Apple music loaded from CD's I own

Most of my Apple Music library is loaded from CD's I own and therefore I have purchased the rights to listen to those songs. Why have Apple taken it upon themselves to sneak surreptitiously, without my permission, into MY library and block songs whose rights I have bought. None of these are pirated tracks To say that I am angry about this is an understatement. These music libraries are my libraries not Apple's. Blocking tracks by Apple amounts to piracy at best and is in effect theft of my property.

Posted on Mar 7, 2024 10:20 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 18, 2024 5:46 PM in response to RWilsonLaidlaw

I had a similar problem with a second iPhone that I bought to use as a music player. All the songs I tried to sync (which were ripped from CDs, not purchased from Apple) were greyed out. Apple Support told me to sign out (Settings-->iCloud-->Media and purchases) and then sign back in.

Now, I have had 2 Apple IDs since the days of the iPod. One is for ICloud access and the other is for music. Here's the surprise -- when I signed back in on the new iPhone, I used the iCloud ID, and immediately all the songs were available without restriction. So if you are one of those people with two Apple IDs, try using the other one!

Songs greyed out on Apple music loaded from CD's I own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.