Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can’t Facetime Even Though I’m Signed into Apple ID

Help please!!!

As soon as I attempt to call someone on Facetime, it pops up with a notification telling me to “Activate the Facetime App by signing in with your Apple ID.”

I go to settings and see that I am already successfully logged into my normal Apple ID.

I have updated my phone to the latest software, I have signed out of Facetime and back in, I have turned off iMessage and Facetime and restarted my iPhone and I still end up getting the same notification.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 23, 2024 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2024 4:16 AM

Any update on this? I have the same issue

15 replies

Apr 21, 2024 12:22 PM in response to buttercuppie

Getting the same notification ‘asking me to sign into FaceTime’…why? I’m already signed in! Never had this issue before until update 17.4.1.

Apple products are definitely NOT as reliable as they used to be! 💯😕❌ So expensive to own their devices and this is what we get? Buggy updates that destroy product functionality?

⁉️Do. Better. Apple! 😡‼️

Can’t Facetime Even Though I’m Signed into Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.