2024 can am spyder and apple car play

I have a 2024 can am spyder and it comes with apple car play, but it does not work, BRP says its a apple thing, what gives?

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2024 9:32 AM

I've been told "within the next 2 weeks" since early February. Now I'm hearing that they're telling people "by the end of May". Not sure which year though. Absolute BS. I have zero faith that it will be released by the end of May 2024 either given that they've lied about this the entire time.

46 replies

Apr 1, 2024 9:13 AM in response to Johndeeredoo

I have a 2024 Spyder ordered and it’s

here but I didn’t pay anything yet and will not take it unless I get answers as to when “what was advertised” about APC becomes a reality. I have a 2022 Spyder RTL and am upgrading for the 10.25 gauge with CarPlay. So it’s a deal breaker for me if this issue is not forthcoming. It shouldn’t have been advertised as such if it’s not available.

May 10, 2024 4:47 PM in response to Mac_a_tac

Yeah I paid the extra $$$ for a 2024 specifically to have ACP. I could have gotten a similar 2023 for far less money and better interest without ACP of course. I am beyond annoyed myself at how long this is taking. They have been demoing the new head unit and ACP for 6+ months now, how is it that they couldn't find any "bugs" before now, and why is it taking so long to fix whatever the issue is?

Apr 4, 2024 12:13 PM in response to Johndeeredoo

Pretty common knowledge that the 2024 Can Am Spyders did not ship with Apple CarPlay enabled due to a licensing issue. It was widely reported that they were working with Apple to resolve the licensing issue and had advertised an April 1, 2024 date for resolution.

I don't know if it was live on 4/1, but as of today, April 4, 2024, Apple CarPlay is available on the 2024 Can Am Spyder. You simply need to connect your Spyder to WiFi and via the menu Preferences: General, select Download Update for the BRP Connect application. ~10 minute download and ~10 install. Your mileage may vary. ;)

May 1, 2024 5:20 AM in response to Zoomer-1

Mine updated to 2.1.1 on home WiFi just fine. Then it asked to update again to 2.1.0, which I probably should have ignored. That one wiped out CarPlay. So I had CarPlay for a few hours anyway.

IF you can get it to hook up to your home WiFi, it should be able to update. Mine only wants to connect randomly, maybe 1 time in 50 tries will it connect.

May 8, 2024 6:17 AM in response to xerxes4285

Yes I agree. It happened on our snowmobiles too. Advertised a new gauge with a GPS module. The machines came with the gauge and no gps module. It is an add on for 2025 but will cost us extra to buy what was supposed to be in the 2024 models. I will be very surprised if we see ACP this season. I’m thinking an extra years warranty should be compensation for not getting what we paid extra for and never got. I ignored my own rule: never buy first year technology. Happened 2 years in a row for me. You’d think I’d learn. 😏

May 10, 2024 12:37 PM in response to Fing86

@fing86 Yes BRP has misled all of us. It was released briefly for about 4 hours a month ago, I know because I downloaded it. I even rode around a bit with it to see how it worked. Then they pulled it and pushed another "update" which summarily removed ACP again. I even took a pictures of it back then to prove that it was actually working on my bike.

So I assume that they will eventually release it again, but when is anybody's guess.

This is how the process looked when I had ACP for a few hours back in April.

Mar 28, 2024 10:53 AM in response to Phil0124

Hello Phil0124

Thank you for the fast reply.

As you asked, YES the iphone is paired to the spyder, and my cardo is paired to the spyder, and it shows both are connected to the spyder.

According to BRPs web page, there will be a greyed out ACP app icon if there not pared, well I do not show a app at all.

According to a BRP rep, that I heard from today, this issue with apple car play not showing up is apple's fault.

What I read on the spyder forums is, this is a apple/BRP license issue.

All I know is I purchased a 2024 spyder and APC is not installed and does not work.

I just want to see what Apple has to say about this issue.

Its been going on for weeks, "it will be only 1-2 weeks more", that was a month ago, that's what BRP says.

I just want the truth.

Apr 19, 2024 7:05 AM in response to rockyfromportland

I have good signal strength on home WiFi. My Spyder connects maybe 1 time in 50 to it. It will not connect to my iPhone hotspot, ever. Even in the compatibility mode. I see the hotspot connected icon light up on my phone right after I put in the password but the Spyder just will not connect.

The current firmware in the Spyder head unit is total garbage. Bluetooth doesn't work very well either, sometimes it connects to my phone, sometimes it doesn't. I am hoping the next update addresses the horrible connectivity issues it has.

2024 can am spyder and apple car play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.