Creating App for my Website

Hi there,

I have a website about cruise destinations that I want to convert to an app.

I would like to hire someone to do it for me but I wanted to ask a few questions before that.

1. Will I get a do-follow backlink from Apple to my website from my app?
  2. I have a lot of affiliates and I am selling an e-book on my website - will it remain on the app or what happens with that?
  3. Please recommend someone who is experienced with this and who could help me. My website is informative and I don't want to pay thousands of dollars for the app. I just want a simple app where my readers can read about the cruise destinations (I saw that people offer this service for $100). But, since I am not a tech person, I would appreciate a response from someone who is experienced.

Thank you!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 9:08 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2024 1:40 PM in response to Ketrin_02

An app that’s little more than a wrapper for a website will probably get rejected.

Per Apple:

There are vendors which offer “pre-packaged” app templates that can be customized, though how those might align with your requirements?

Registering for the Apple developer program costs USD$99 per year, and you’ll probably want to control your app and its source code.

Mar 29, 2024 2:28 PM in response to MrHoffman

Hi, thank you for the reply!

I get your point, my website is informative, if you have time, you can take a look, I appreciate any suggestion or advice.

I cannot think of any "app-like" features that could make my website look more like an app.

I also sell an ebook "Mediterranean Cruise Port Guide" on my website. Do you think it would be better to sell it on Apple Books rather than creating an app?

The difference would be that I would sell the book, while the app would be free.

I appreciate your reply!

[Edited by Moderator]

Creating App for my Website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.