Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Multiple Apple ID’s

Years ago I set up an Apple ID in association with my work iPhone. I use that account to subscribe to various apps, etc.

When my wife got her iPhone she established her own Apple ID. We use the Apple share feature and share subscriptions.

When I retired almost 7 years ago I set up a new Apple ID.

Since most of our subscriptions are associated with my old work Apple ID I’d been thinking that I should transfer/ move the subscriptions to the new Apple ID.

while I could certainly re-subscribe to the various apps it’s clear that I won’t be able to transfer any history, benefits to the app., etc.

I’m now of the mind that I should just transfer my phone and other devices to the old Apple ID and once that’s done cancel the new one?

thoughts?

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 12:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 12:24 PM in response to WillG47

If most of your information and purchases are tied to your old work ID, I would agree that you should continue to use the old ID rather than the "new" one. Change the email associated with the original Apple ID to a personal email address.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note that you won't be able to change the old Apple ID to the email your using for the new Apple ID.

Multiple Apple ID’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.