Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iBooks app, corrupted PDF

I was using the Books app to study from a PDF file on my iPad, that I had been studying on for months, taking notes, highlighting and everything. After the last update to iPadOS 17.4.1, it seemed to me that some note-taking features like for example the “hold to straighten” for the lines, had been removed from the books app, which I don’t understand why. Anyways I kept using the app, as I had this pdf file full of notes, but today while studying from it, the app crashed and I can no longer access the PDF as it says “unable to open _name of the file_” when I click on it, so it seems that the PDF is now corrupted. Is there a way of restoring it by also restoring the notes I had on it? Or is this not possible since the notes are not directly saved on the PDF? Could I access the notes somehow and import them to a new PDF? This is just unacceptable… hours and hours of work for nothing…

iPad Air

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 10:30 AM

There are no replies.

iBooks app, corrupted PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.