Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Photos with right location but wrong label

Reviewing photos, I’m assaulted with the location name, “Ray’s Place” for my home. My name is not Ray. I have a good friend named Ray, and he’s a great guy and all, but I don’t want pictures taken in my home, labeled as his place!!! When I check out where it is on the map, the location and address are correct. So why does Apple Photos think my house is “Ray’s Place”. Even when I change the name it automatically reverts back.

im going back to old fashion cameras that at least did what you told them to do.

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 8:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 3:37 AM in response to mchenfam

You wrote " When I check out where it is on the map, the location and address are correct." So you are seeing the correct name off the street and number of the hose, when you drop a pin at your home? And each of the photos showing as "Ray's place" has the pin in the correct place on the tiny map in the Info for the photo?

In that case the entry for your home address is correct in Apple's location database.

You may want to check the same for the location of Ray's place.

Siri is using your Contacts to assign the logical names like "mchenfam's home". Have you checked all card's in your Contacts, if a Contact card for Ray is using your home address?

Photos with right location but wrong label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.