Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I cancel an app purchase in the appstore if I haven't paid yet?

Hello, I accidentally tried to download a paid application.I already entered a face ID, but then realized that I did it by mistake, now the application is in the unfinished purchases section, I can't download any application (even free) since I don't have the funds to pay. what should I do? how can I cancel a purchase that has not yet been made?

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 2:21 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 9:23 AM in response to Samoteamss

Samoteamss wrote:

Hello, I accidentally tried to download a paid application.I already entered a face ID, but then realized that I did it by mistake, now the application is in the unfinished purchases section, I can't download any application (even free) since I don't have the funds to pay. what should I do? how can I cancel a purchase that has not yet been made?

You have to pay the pending amount (that you agreed to pay when using Face ID), then you can request a refund.

1. If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support
  2. Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

How do I cancel an app purchase in the appstore if I haven't paid yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.