Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

MacBook Pro 2011 Battery Cycle

Hello, so I noticed my battery wasn’t charging today and I’m looking at the battery count. It’s showing 846 but I don’t know what it means.

please help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 4:16 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 1:49 PM in response to timilehin33

timilehin33 wrote:

Hello, so I noticed my battery wasn’t charging today and I’m looking at the battery count. It’s showing 846 but I don’t know what it means.

please help
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ed5fe72a-e40d-4fb5-82bb-813295827c3e

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

If you see Service Recommended on your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

you can read more on cycle count

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

Determine battery cycle count for Mac laptops - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2024 6:23 PM in response to timilehin33

Your battery is really worn out since the Full Charge Capacity (FCC) is shown as 2,772mAh which is about 50% of its original Design Capacity. Plus the Battery Condition shown in the System Profiler is showing "Service Battery" which is Apple's way of saying to replace the battery. Unfortunately the quality of third party Lithium Batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from a respected vendor.....your best options are from OWC and iFixIt.

FYI, battery charge cycle count is usually irrelevant unless they are nearing 1,000 charge cycles which is considered the to be about the battery's end of life point. The reason charge cycles is usually irrelevant is because age of the battery and the battery's FCC is more important for judging the battery's health. Plus if the laptop is used more often with a charger, then the battery does not go through as many charging cycles.

MacBook Pro 2011 Battery Cycle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.